"This Site Is Not About Learning Marketing!"
What? Doesn't the title "No Yuck Marketing" suggest this is all about marketing?
Well, yes, and no:
Ask yourself this question:
"if you could wave a magic wand and have all the clients you ever wanted ... would you still want to do 'marketing'?"
What we do here is for you if you'd rather go for the magic wand - it's not for 'marketing aficionados', but coaches, consultants and entrepreneurs who want results.
In our view, your job as a business owner and entrepreneur is
- Create marketing systems that work for you, your product or service, and your particular target audience. Only you can do this properly, because only YOU truly understand what you can bring to the table, and how best to match that to what problems people are trying to solve.
- Once you've done that, you automate or delegate/outsource the 'marketing'-part, so you can
- Focus on what matters most: delivering truly transformational value to your clients
And that's why we structure everything we do & teach at No Yuck Marketing with these principles in mind:
- Leverage existing assets: Leverage as much of what you already have as possible so that you can get moving as quickly as possible
- Prove the concept before building & scaling: Always TEST every assumption or idea in the marketplace, so you never ever have to build complex and/or massive 'marketing systems' ... only to find out that nobody responds to them AFTER investing a lot of time, energy and money in building them.
- Longevity of marketing systems: if you go through the trouble of creating those marketing systems, you might as well do it in such a way that you can use them for a long, long time. Meaning: what we do & teach is based on sound, proven principles, not the latest fad.
And yes, because we truly despise being 'salesy', all of the above is done in the "being respectful to your audience" No Yuck Marketing framework.
So, about me:
My name is Dr Veit U.B. Schenk, and my first name (Veit) is pronounced like the English word "fight". Apparently, the English name "Victor" has the same roots, and the meaning is "hunter & gatherer". (when I look at my garage, I have to agree with the gathering part;-)
In a previous life I've worked as a research scientist at Siemens Medical in Oxford, UK, specializing in brain research - hence my keen interest in how our brain works, and how we make decisions, what responses are hardwired, what we can control and what we can't.
At the height of the dot-com bubble the entrepreneurial bug bit and I got involved in all kinds of startups and ventures - and very quickly got into the marketing & sales side of things.
So much so that in 2007 I left the corporate world, and set up my own 'thing' - foolishly (naively?) ignoring the advice that it takes around 7 years for a startup to really be fully up-and-running. (if only I could travel back in time and tell myself what I know now!)
I didn't take 7 years, but my initial belief (hope?) that I could do it in 1 year was about 200% off. Lesson learned;-) (and you'll find plenty of those lessons in what we teach, so you don't have to wait 7 years....)
In that time I also joined the family business - running workshops for newspaper advertising sales-reps teaching them both how to create ads that sell, as well as how to sell them.
And through that experience (both first hand, as well as through the combined experience of thousands of sales-reps) of what selling is like in the real world (rejection, after rejection, after rejection ... mostly because of Yucky marketing & sales approaches), I made it my mission to help others avoid rejection, after rejection, after rejection ... simply by doing marketing & sales that's not yucky.
And that was the beginning of No Yuck Marketing.
And in case you're wondering why I teach:
I've been actively teaching since I was 17 years old - back then teaching BASIC programming in a local evening school. And my reason "WHY" is this: when I see a student not only "get" the content, but then apply it to their own problem in a way that wasn't even taught ... that's when I "know"!
And that's why at the beginning of this page I said: "it's not about marketing" - it's all about helping you get those "I know" moments when you just know that what you're giving makes a real difference!
All the private stuff, like why I love BBQing for my wife and 4 children, why I can't decide whether Gin & Tonics or Margaritas are "better", or how I use (excessive, as my wife suggests) cycling to get grounded and in touch with my creativity and "inner genius" ... well, I'll share that in my emails.
That's of course what I have to say about myself, if you're curious what others are saying, have a look at the Client Success Stories where others share what they're getting out of connecting with me.
For now, if you'd like to experience truly 'non-salesy' No Yuck Marketing, join our NYM tribe by following the steps on the front-page of this site
Hope to connect to you soon
Veit "No Yuck Marketing" Schenk